Praise and Worship Leader
Job Title: Praise and Worship Leader
OUR VISION: Where people meet purpose through Spirit filled living!
OUR MISSION: We exist as a church to lead people to salvation in Jesus Christ and the fullness of the Holy Spirit, while developing, deploying and distributing resources through local and global partnerships for the evangelizing of the world.
Job Description: Worship Leader will lead Brookstone Church in worship at pre-determined worship service(s) or special events. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship leader will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The Worship Leader will be a faithful Christian who has a passion for worship and is open to working in a team environment. The worship leader will have vocal and/or instrumental proficiency and be able to recruit members for the praise band and vocalist when needed. Knowledge of worship songs and hymns and the ability to incorporate both in services are critical. Knowledge and operation of sound equipment a plus. This part-time position reports to the Senior Pastor and is a member of the core leadership team.
Personal Growth STRATEGY:
A Worship Leader’s spiritual maturity is reflected in their ability to lead a congregation in pure and unified worship for our Lord. While we value talent, we believe that the “anointing” upon a person’s giftedness is of more value than pure talent alone. When the anointing accompanies our gifts, the entire church will benefit from the personal spiritual growth of those in leadership and ministry positions.
SERVICE TIMES: Regularly scheduled services and may include Weekly/Bi-weekly Small Groups, Discipleship Sessions and other times as deemed prudent and effective.
● Consistent Attender of Brookstone Church
● Maintains Consistent Devotional Life
● Spirit-Filled (Acts 2:1-4)
● Team Player
● Faithful Tither @ Brookstone Church
● Developmental Leader
● Small Group Participant and or leader.
● Manage equipment, instruments and music
● Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members
● Recruit and train primary and secondary vocalist for the worship team and manage their scheduled times to serve
● Conduct practice sessions
● Be available for other ministry and outreach events.
● Supervises all accompanists to include coordination and replacement of team members during times of absence. Worship leader must notify pastor of planned absences as soon as possible and no later than 2 weeks before absence unless there is an emergency. Backups should also be in place 2 weeks before absence.
● Select and plan music for Sunday services
MINISTRY SCOPE: Lead Pastor and Church Board
TERM OF SERVICE: Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of calendar year with option to continue yearly at discretion of Pastor and Ministry Leader.
REMUNERATION: To be determined by Pastor, Board, Ministry Leader